You will no doubt be as pleased as I am to learn that golf will be allowed in Scotland’s first phase of the easing of lockdown restrictions.
We intend to follow Scottish Golf’s guidance and prepare to reopen our course on Friday 29th May 2020, albeit that will be subject to final confirmation by the Scottish Government on 28th May.
Scottish Golf has published procedures setting out the basis on how golf clubs can open and provide a safe environment for golfers and we are currently working through these in order to adapt them into guidelines to be issued in the next few days to all members of Linlithgow Golf Club.
The following groupings will be permitted to play:
• Two Balls – may be from two households whilst maintaining physical distancing
• Groups up to Four players permitted (ensuring that only two households are represented in the group)
It is envisaged that the following will apply:
• All tee times will require to be booked in advance, no turn up and play will be allowed
• Tee Time intervals will be 10 minutes
• First tee time 7am, last tee time 8pm
• Maximum 3 bookings per member per week
• Clubhouse will remain closed
• Arrangements will be put in place for members to retrieve equipment from the locker room
• Your travel to the course is not expected to involve a journey of more than roughly 5 miles
Online tee bookings will commence at 7am on Wednesday 27th May.
Against a fluid background I would stress that there may be a requirement to update and re-issue this guidance at short notice to reflect both our own experiences as a Club and also future government advice.
Your ongoing support of the Club, and the patience you have shown in these difficult times, has been much appreciated, and I very much look forward to joining you shortly in a return to our course.